Tuesday, January 10, 2006

No Jell-O, Please

I found something I can eat.

It needed to be not chewy, not crunchy, not frozen, not spicy... It could have been applesauce or cottage cheese, but I don't have that as I haven't been to the store since before Christmas; it could have been Jell-O, but ewww; it could have been soup, but I'm all souped-out, thankyouverymuch, so I foraged around behind the venison and under the venison and obscured by the venison, I found a Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cheesecake. I bought it for Christmas, but when Christmas finally got here, we had enough food to sustain an entire pack of teenagers and I left it off the menu as I was not feeding an entire pack of teenagers (I have a round of brie aging in the fridge, too).

But today, it came in handy. Do you know you can eat an entire piece of cheesecake without using your teeth? You can mush it up with your tongue and swallow it right down (FYI - if you put some Redi-Whip on it, it slides down even easier). And I'm assuming that fat calories aside, a cheesecake has more nutritional value than Jell-O. It has "cheese" right in the title, duh.

Unfortunately, I can't really taste it with the cold and all.

2 comments:

Claude Richard said...

Good resolutions.
Happy New Year !

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but I sure like that cheesecake idea!

Thanks for the good wishes!