Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Headline Read:

Mom survives 11th Birthday Sleepover!

But if you knew these girls, it wouldn't be a surprise. There were 7 girls. There was cake and pizza and karaoke, dancing and games and giggling. They played Scattergories, tried to sing some Classic Rock (but it turns out they don't know the words), and once, when it got too quiet, I went down to see what was up. It was girl-talk pow-wow time. I learned that Jessie McCartney is "sizzlin'", and Matt likes Mackenzie (she does not return the sentiment), that Shahida smells bad, and their teacher is a "dumb blonde".

The only glitch in the night was when we pulled the candles out of Mackenzie's birthday cake and it was chocolate. Oops! We're a white-cake sort of family around here. But they didn't care. Marissa & Emily ate two pieces, Brittany ate only the frosting.

Not once did I hear any dissention in the pack. This group of girls is a mom's dream. When we got here last year, they accepted Mac within the first week and I've never heard them bicker or fight.

They actually slept last night. I went to bed around 1am and didn't have to get up once to quiet them down (of course, that could have had more to do with the 2 glasses of wine I had than the quietude of the Tweens...well, that and the two floors separating us). I think they went to sleep around 2am and I didn't hear them up and about until almost nine.


By 11:15 they were all gone and our Lazy Sunday could commence. It's 1:58, we're still in our comfy-clothes, and we're eating Fritos, watching Simon Birch, and generally being completely useless.

A perfect ending to Mackenzie's Week-Long Birthday Extravaganza.




2 comments:

#1 Dancer said...

Great photos - and what a great group of friends your daughter has!
(P.S. I tagged you. No pressure if you're not into that sort of thing!)

Brooke said...

I swear those photos could have been taken at every slumber party I can remember.

OK, the karaoke is new, but the girls and the glee are the same.