Monday, January 23, 2006

It's 11:56 and My Brain Hurts. Don't Expect Too Much Here.

Well. I was REALLY busy this evening*.

-Doing a couple loads of laundry.

-Talking to Annie on the phone.

-Blog-Surfing.

-Making the kids quesadillas (because the dad's working until 10pm tonight and why cook dinner if I don't HAVE to).

-Watching Madagascar.

-And frying my brain trying to write an essay about my faith - tested, lost, renewed or found. And I was drawing a blank. I mean, actually LOSING your faith is serious stuff. I don't mean "going to hell" serious, I mean "getting out of bed every day" serious. And I just don't do that - lose faith, that is. Maybe it's naive of me, but I ALWAYS, ALWAYS have faith that everything will work out in the end, and if it doesn't, then maybe it wasn't meant to be in the first place. And not in a "God pointing his finger" way, but in a "that's just the way it goes" way. Of course, I've never experienced any truly devastating events in my life - loss of a parent or child, tsunami, crime victim, so perhaps I truly am wide-eyed and innocent (at 38 - cough). But I do think in the event of any of these things happening to me there would surely be a period that I wouldn't comprehend how something so heinous could occur and try desperately to assign reason to it, but I do HAVE FAITH that in the end, I would prevail and my life would continue. Perhaps changed, but still worthy.

And if now you are as confused as I and your brain is staring to get a pinch just behind your left temple, and you want to go downstairs and take a swig right out of the bottle of Shiraz that's perched on the counter, then you know just how my evening has gone.

Back to Madagascar. It was cute. It made us laugh. Laughing is good... 3 thumbs up.

*...She stated, tongue-in-cheek.

3 comments:

Candi said...

38 in years, but 19 at play :) Well, we'll say 21 so it's ok that we drink so much.

I understand your post. I don't know how to put my thoughts into words right now, but I understand... Eh, I'm good at math, not creative writing like SOME people :) But I'm with you...

Brooke said...

Sticky subject for me as of late. Faith is lagging.

Rebecca said...

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tonylatshaw

Look here and see faith in action. Tony had a heart transplant. His wife is my hero. She is the first hero I have ever really had. As her struggles grow so to does her faith.

How we choose to look at life in general is what gets us through the really tough times. When Alan was sick our faith just got stronger. We knew it would work out even if it was not what we thought of as "working out".

"Choose your Destiny."

Bec.