Monday, January 02, 2006

Answer: Alternative Parenting 101

Question: What do you call this?...

When you're drinking coffee and eating a doughnut and you reach over to touch your daughter (who's been complaining of a stomachache for the last 2 days) on the leg and it's burning up like fire. So you touch her forehead. And as you focus your attention back to the stand-up comic on TV, just before you tip your blue coffee cup to your lips, you say, "Hmm. You've got a fever."







In my defense, after I finished my coffee and doughnut, and during the next commercial, I got up and took her temp. It was 104.1.






Shut up. She's still alive.

2 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

She's practically 11. She knows how the thermometer works. I bet she even knows where the Tylenol is....

Anonymous said...

We've had a stomach bug going on around here - Aidan had a fever on Sunday. Hopefully Mac is feeling better now.