Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Doing My Part

So. One should be careful when she starts talking trash about the President's State of the Union Address. If she says things like, "The entire speech is nothing but Lies!, Lies!, (I tell you)" and that it's a "farce wherein The President will say Anything and Everything to raise his his approval rating" and that the "stupid, stupid President should not preempt House when he could be interrupting shows like Wife Swap or Fear Factor" then she should anticipate the wrath of the Super-Duper Protector of Family and Entire United States Navy-Hero Husband.

He just looked at me and said, "I fact-checked part of that speech. It is not lies."

He was not amused.

Can a wife still single-handedly end a Military Man's career?

3 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

They say your wife can't help you but she can hurt you. But I think they mean, like, in the middle of the night with a baseball bat or a pillow over your face. I don't know that it's all lies so much as platitudes. Really, who's AGAINST helping little African babies with Malaria?

Candi said...

Can a wife still single-handedly end a Military Man's career?

Um, one word - Puppies. Need I say more?

I do? OK, how about Drunk and Drunker? SERIOUSLY, don't ask those questions.

That's mean. I should delete this. Should....

Paige said...

Hehehe. You KNOW who I was thinking about when I wrote that. And it's not mean... It's sad, sad reality. I think we lived it long enought o speak the truth. We've earned it.