Monday, June 19, 2006

Tidbits & Miscellany

My daughter is faster than.......................... (Quick! What's a really fast fish?) .............. Nothing?

Well, how about faster than last year. By SECONDS! Last year, her fastest 50 Free was 42.53. This year, 38.42!! Last year, her fastest 50 Back was 57.50. This year, 50.60!!! Last year, her fastest 50 Breast was 58.30. This year, 53.58!!!! Don't even ask about Butterfly. She doesn't like it and figured she wouldn't be swimming it in the first meet anyway, so why waste her time. That's my girl.

I always hoped that one of the kids would be a swimmer. Dillon simply wasn't interested (I know... Go figure.). But I think this has turned out to be Mac's thing. Last year was her first year and she spent much of it in the slowest of the slow lanes. After the first week of this summer, I showed up at the end of practice and found her in the fast lane. The fastest lane. Yay!

To finish off the Day of Sports Fun, we went to the Washington Mystics basketball game with Beth. Her two friends that have season tickets with her couldn't go and gave them to Mac and I (Thanks Sheila! Thanks Joyce!). We had such a great time! And since the girls won, we will be allowed their tickets again the next time they can't make a game. :) I hadn't been to a women's basketball game in years and forgot how much I enjoyed it. Mom and Dad always used to take us to a Purdue Women's game when we went home for Christmas. But it's been years since we were home for Christmas, and years, in turn, since we've seen a game.

Sunday was reserved for Laundry and a Movie. Not quite as fun as Dinner and a Movie, but with more sense of accomplishment. Mac, Beth and I went to see The Lake House. Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves... Who doesn't like that? And the movie wasn't bad either.

The rest of my time was taken up cleaning about the place. Why, you ask? Why would Paige be cleaning instead of working in her garden or lounging around the pool eating bon-bons and reading smutty novels in her off hours?

Because RACHELLE is coming tonight! She emailed a few days ago and asked if they could crash here tonight. ("Uh, YES!") They accept their house in Pax River tomorrow morning and have to go sign the papers and stuff. Torrey's staying here with us and going to Mackenzie's last day of school* with her. It's just a show-up-for-the-talent-show-and-go-home day. Two hours tops.

*Yes. My kids are still in school. HOW STUPID IS THAT? Are anyone else's kids still in school? My nieces have been out for 3 weeks already. Gah!

Really. I have to go. I still have to put my sheets on my bed.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I just stopped by to see another Paige! ;-) Don't see many of us around!!