Thursday, June 01, 2006

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Dudes. I totally called in sick today. (Hi Beth!)

Or... I would have called in sick if there was anyone to call. But as my boss (Hi Beth!) was on vacation (How's Ohio?), there was no one to call so when I took Mac to school, I stuck a note on the door:

"Good Morning, Paige isn't feeling well today so the office will be closed. We are sorry for any inconvenience*. (Signed) The HOA."

We are so sorry there was no one to irrationally complain at that the playground mulch was put in front of the fence at the maintenance yard and not by the property line.

We are so sorry there was no one to hear you whine that the landscapers missed a portion of the common area when they put down weed killer (Crazy Grass Lady).

We are so sorry I wasn't there to answer the phone when you wanted to argue about whose responsibility your chimney cap is.

*But actually............ I'm not.

In my defense, I honestly felt like crap and was up much of the night. I thought maybe our steak was bad last night, but I was the only one with Intestinal Revolt. But then the more I thought about it, I realized that for the last couple days my entire brood has felt a tad queasy so now my official story is "Ambiguous Stomach Bug".

And, things have actually been pretty slow around there. Slow enough that I'm actually getting caught-up. As caught-up as possible, anyway.

The belly's still a little gurgly, but I have to go to work tomorrow (Yay, Friday!) to finish my report (Hi Beth!) that has to go out tomorrow (You thought I forgot, didn't you? I didn't.).

5 comments:

Candi said...

Did you ever realize that HOA sounds like you're saying Whore with a thick accent - New York/Brooklyn accent more specifically?

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Hope your Ambiguous Bug leaves soon. Though it would be a great name for a band. LIVE, from Paige's intestines, it's Ambiguous Stomach Bug!

Brenda said...

I want to know if Crazy Grass Lady left a note. You know... wishing you a speedy recovery, yet using some word she pulled from from an old thesaurus.

Brenda said...

I want to know if Crazy Grass Lady left a note. You know... wishing you a speedy recovery, yet using some word she pulled from from an old thesaurus.

Irish Eyes said...

I just realized you started this post with "Dudes." Which is an exact quote from every day of my life. I wish I weren't going away every other weekend so we could hang out for God's sake.