Sunday, June 11, 2006

Weekend At Brandi's

I got home from work Friday afternoon to find this massacre. I didn't take it as a good sign of the weekend to come:



But then I checked the front porch. And I got my shirt from Fussy! She promised it would make my tits look huge. It did:



And Friday passed without incident.

We woke up to a beautiful, if chilly Saturday morning. It called for coffee and Scrabble:



And it was really nice, until we decided we were hungry and looked in the fridge. Gross. So we cleaned it:



There were enough inedible, furry leftovers to have fed a small third-world country since Easter*, but for some reason, I had stocked up Y2K-style on string cheese. Accept invitations with care for the next few weeks.



*Which is not to say that if I was in charge of feeding a small third-world country that I would make them eat furry inedible food abandoned in the fridge since Easter. I believe all third-world countries have as much right as any first- or second-world country to eat non-furry, edible, fresh food.

Then while I was on the phone with the Unforgettable Annie, Noodle found this in her backpack:



It's my Mother's Day Present. It's a COW. Get it? Which leaves me wondering... How can a ceramic tile survive in a 5th grader's backpack for over a month and not get broken? Hmmm.

And also,

What to do with leftover sticky rice? Make Onigiri! A perfect plan for a girl-baby who was just saying how homesick she was for Japan:





And look! Dillon came home to feed!



And while he ate, we talked and the conversation came around to the weird kids in school. I told him he should be nice to them and talk to them. And he said, "I've tried. They don't talk back. And I've heard if you point at them in the hall and go, 'Pow!', they make light-saber sounds and motions."



And I said: "Oh. Ok. Well, at least you tried."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That takes me back to our many outings and my introduction to Japanese cuisine. It brings a smile...Mackenzie with her yen buying onigiri at Narita..

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I love the cow tile. I think I want one.

Maybe Dillon could try 'Luke, I am your father' as a greeting with the weird kids and see what kind of response he gets.

I miss eating onigiri in Japan with you guys. Can Mac make tofu fries yet?

Anonymous said...

what? no sophomoric comments about t-shirt photo and "tits"?

Paige said...

Hehehe. Apparently everyone here knows how "normal" it is for me to be talking about boobies. You should see the shirt I'm wearig today! (Hmmm. Maybe you will.)

Actually, you have no idea. I tone it down quite a bit for the outside world. So far, I haven't used the word vibrator once.

Actually, I think that's a lie. But I don't use it nearly as much as I'd like to...

Candi said...

There was a blog I came across once where the girl had topless Thursday - each Thursday she posted a picture of her boobs, slightly covered.

KP said...

Intersting Jess, very interesting...link?

Candi said...

I can't remember. She was an ex-Mormon housewife who was trying to rebel against her old religion. I think she went to half-naked Tuesdays as well...

Paige said...

Dudes. How hard could that be to search? I, the Self-Proclaimed Queen of Google, would do it but I'm also Mommy, Queen of Food and I'm making fajitas. Maybe later. Should garner some pretty interesting returns though, huh?

Paige said...

Hehehe. A sure-fire way to add tonnage to the boobage is to gain 15 or 20 lbs. Guaranteed success.

Actually, on my last trip back to SD, more than one friend asked if I'd had that boob job Tater's always dreaming about. (NO!) But I looked on the bright side and decided that if they were noticing my boobs so much then maybe they were overlooking the obvious weight gain...

(And I've got a vibrator post on the tip of my tongue, but we have to make sure to warn Ang first to keep her girls away from the computer for a couple days. Though if I keep it up, she can avoid the sex talk entirely and refer them both to Auntie Brandi when the time comes! Just doing my part for the next generation...)

Anonymous said...

Though this is NOTHING like the comments already on this post, haha, I just wanted to say that the 'massacre' you experienced luckily never happens with my dog. Most of her stuffed animals are her babies and she carries them everywhere. Sometimes she even hides them to protect them.

I never said my dog was normal.

Paige said...

My friend, Beth's, dog is like that too. She LOOOOOOVES bunnies. But not the same way that Taiko loves squirrels. I don't know why he's so vicious towards the stuffed.