Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Overachiever

She took first in the 50 Free on Saturday, and DQ'd the 50 Backstroke,

she took first in the dive meet yesterday (By 12 points! She OWNED that meet!),

and she took first in the 50 Breast and first* in the 50 Back tonight.

And is breaking Personal Bests everytime she gets wet.

But she won't learn Butterfly.

Just so ya know.

*Originally published as third, but I was wrong, she actually came in second and then the girl who came in first DQ'd and she took ALL! Muahahahaha!

3 comments:

Paige said...

That is great! Congratulations!

Candi said...

She is an overachiever!!

Butterfly - way over rated. Think about it. Free style - perfectly reasonable, you go quickly, it's natural to kick like that, etc. Breast - sure, some people have broad shoulders or big boobies, it makes sense to swim in an hourglass fashion. Back - see free style, just flip.

Butterfly... First of all, it should be called the dolphin. There is nothing resembling a swimming butterfly if you ask me. Second, when is that appropriate? Perhaps if one is drowning and needs to splash? Granted, if one is swimming, then would not be drowning...

Eh.

I did breast stroke - and it wasn't because of my broad shoulders - hehehe.

Irish Eyes said...

Sorry Paige, I'm walking right by your right now and high fiving Mac.

WAY TO GO!!! Girls who swim have an advantage for so much of their lives. . . knowing what good exercise and discipline is (and finding boys with nice bodies later. . . I mean nice boys:)
Yay for you. I swear I'm making signs and making my way down there for a meet sometime soon!