Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Best Christmas Present Ever



This is Rachelle, Torrey, Mackenzie and I.


We are at Disney Sea in Tokyo about a year and a half ago. Just before Mackenzie and I moved. And we cried. From 2000-2005, we saw each other almost every single day. We lived 2 blocks away from each other and were both spouseless most of our time in Japan. Rachelle and I would drop the girls off at school and then go to the gym and run, lift, bike, or do yoga. You'd think we would have been beanpoles for as much as we worked out, but we also liked to eat (and enjoy a frosty beverage on occasion(s)) and sabotaged ourselves within hours of burning all those calories. We haven't seen them in 17 months and miss them terribly. It was a horrible shock to be ripped away from them cold-turkey like that.

BUT!!!

They will be here in less than 48 hours!! They are on leave (with Scott, the Dad) to househunt in Pax River where they will be stationed next, only about an hour and 15 minutes away. Fate has been good to me this tour.

They will be staying here with us for Christmas. From the 23rd through the 26th.

I had wished for a camera, but Torrey and Rachelle are the best Christmas present I could have asked for.

1 comment:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Give Rachelle a big Christmas hug for me! SO glad you'll be neighbors.