Friday, December 16, 2005

In Case You Were Wondering...

Yesterday the subject was STD's. And as far as Mackenzie is concerned, they might as well have been talking about Metaphysical Astrophysics for all it pertained to her. When I picked her up from school (because you know we have all our most profound discussions in the car) I asked her how they enlightened her today and she said, "We talked about STD's and you know, how you only get them from (insert eye-rolling, as if she will never stoop) intercourse."

"Do you have any questions?"

"Well, I didn't really get what AIDS was but I know you can't get it from kissing or toilet seats or sharing food. And the dog can't get it (WHY this is relevant, I certainly don't know, but I do think it probably depends on your usage of said dog)."

So I filled her in.

"It sounds like HIV."

And the 3-point-shot goes to Noodle, who pays attention in Sex Class!

(THAT'S my girl.)

(And NO, Annie, I haven't filled her in on "Fred" yet. But there's time.... I won't let her down.)

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally bookmarked your site so that I can keep up with all your goings-on again. I've missed you on d-land...don't know why it's taken me this long to check your "new" blog out. Duh! :-)

Paige said...

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz