Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Doubly Merry Christmas

Dude. I realize that I said yesterday that I thought Rachelle was the best present a girl could get, but that was before this:





Yup, that's a Flamingo Cookie Jar.


A cookie jar that's shaped like a Flamingo. How awesome is that?!?! I got it from Beth. This is Beth and I at my office Christmas Party (and that's my bra you can see on my right boob):



She's my boss. But not really a boss because bosses are horrible and not your friend and I really, really like her and she covered my back twice this week when I got busted for not being a very good secretary (key word: "secretary"). She's a lot of fun and we get along great and I like to hang out with her even after work.

And she knows I love flamingos. So she ordered me that flamingo for Christmas. And it made me laugh really, really hard. And Dillon and Mackenzie cracked up and then told me I need to make cookies. But now I'm a Working Mom so I think I'll buy some.

I got her socks. Because she needed them. They are stripey and fun (though still muted so as not to scare her off too quickly). She always wears very boring, pedestrian (huh! that was like a pun!) socks and not fun, polka-dotty, stripey, match your sweater socks. I didn't buy her the orange or red or pink ones I wanted to, but stuck with the brown and black and gray that will ease her into the super-fun world of exciting socks verrrry slowly. And then she will see how much her spirit is improved by the super-fun socks and want to wear them all the time. And she will thank me.

2 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Bubbles is going to be sooooo jealous.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!!