Tuesday, March 14, 2006

When Marriage, The Institution, Is Having An Off Day. In Explicit Detail.

So he comes off the night watch this morning and moseys into the bedroom where I'm getting dressed. And he grins at me and says, "Good Morning, Sleepyhead", and he kisses me and while feeling me up, says:

"Are you getting shorter or are these getting lower?"

Charming.

And when my mouth fell open, and I took a step back with a look of disgust, it only took him a split-second to realize what he said and came after me saying, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. You have great boobs."

While laughing.

Good thing I got up on the right side of the bed.

And the groveling. The groveling helped.

6 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

What in the world happened to his "filter" and "edit" functions? He does realize that you know where he sleeps, doesn't he? I'd milk this one for all it's worth.

Brenda said...

ditto. I think the groveling should come with flowers and/or chocolates and/or dinner or all of the above.

Anonymous said...

hee hee!! I think I would have chased after him with a shovel!

Candi said...

Wow. Thank goodness Drew supplied the boob fund with so much money! :)

Paige said...

Everyone here knows that his filter is underused if not so atrophoed that it fell off.

Jes - For REAL! I should call Drew.

Terri said...

I'm much older than you - 52 (although extremely immature for my age!)- and I had a similar moment recently. I was slightly bent over (Lord help me, I hope I was!) and my husband came up behind me, grabbed me around the waist and doing so accidentally pinched my...oh, never mind. It's just to humiliating to print....anyway, love the site - found my way here via dooce.