Thursday, March 23, 2006

Name That Dysfunction

I am SO not kidding. I've lost my book for the third time.

I didn't tell you about the second time I lost it because I was too embarrassed. But now I deserve for you, The Internet, to know that I am such an airhead that I've again lost a book that has approximately 150 pages* that I've been reading for a month, and am only a miserly 70 pages into.

*But really, who knows? I'd check, but OH! It's not here! I lost it again, in case you hadn't heard. Wait. Annie knows. How many pages, Girlfriend?

I had it at the dentist office Tuesday afternoon and seem to remember it being in my bag on Wednesday morning when I saw it and thought, "Huh. I don't need this at work, I should take it out and leave it here." Now it's gone and truthfully, I could have made all that last part up. Maybe it's at the dentist's office. We'll find out next week when I have to go back.

When I can find it, and find time to read it, it seems to be funny. But I've taken so long to read it that I've almost lost interest.

Which leads me to wonder... can Adult ADD present in 38 year olds who have never had any indications of ADD in the past?

Or is that called Alzheimers?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

It's called..."Sometimers" .... because sometimes I remember and sometimes I forget.

And I'm curious to your study in ADD in those...well older than you... who also have never presented with ADD. I'll be awaiting the results of your study and published article in the .... ohh.. heck... what is it.. famous paper.. .study of medicine.. or something.... ya.. that's 'Sometimers'... again.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

272 pages. My copy is in storage but I looked it up. I'm resourceful.

If you haven't found you copy by July, I'll send you mine when I get it unpacked. It's well worth the read. Maybe wait until you have time to get through it and start all over again.

Can't you assign a child to keep track of these things? Or maybe that midget elf?

Candi said...

I suggest velcro. One part on the book, another on your hand. Then you can interchange books, keys, children, post-op animals...