Thursday, February 12, 2004

The Pointless Rambling Post

What happened to yesterday????

Has anyone seen yesterday???

Last thing I remember it was morning and Rachelle and I were at the gym where the treadmill was kicking my ass (but I got 3.1 miles out of it before it finished the job and served me up, wet and panting on a Weight-Watcher's Platter*).

(*I totally just made that crap up and I have no idea what it even means...)

Then, we showered and headed to Zama, to fulfill our promise to ourselves of standing in the tanning booth at least once a week to avoid the inevitable Translucent-Pastey-Whiteness of February. Well, we don't even listen to OURSELVES - we've been averaging every 2 weeks and at this point we're just wasting our money because by the time the 14 days have passed, any cancer-infused-fake-sun we have applied has faded and we're starting from scratch again.

But for reals...starting NOW we're going to go every week.

We did lunch, which we usually do after the fake-bake, but this time we actually chose a way-healthy and yummy salad at the Chief's Club. We usually go to Popeye's or Burger King on Zama Base (realize here, people, that our choices are brutally limited and after 4 years of Japan-land, we're tired of dining on the economy, making the Previously-Stated Restaurants seem acceptable) but this time we drove all the way back to our base and actually sat at a table, with real linens to dab our pouty mouths and fresh iced tea to drink, and solved many world-issues while eating our self-assembled salads. (My only complaint was that they didn't have my green peas on the salad bar yesterday. They had Rachelle's tuna, but not my green peas. How rude.)

I came home and did "stuff". I don't remember what, but it seems like I did a lot of "stuff" (But not the laundry. For God's sake, The Laundry (!) - it's grown tentacles and is expanding right out from under the cute wicker lid that's supposed to keep it from sight of the general audience...guess what I'm doing today)...and the next thing I knew, it was 9:30 and Tater was walking in the door, a full 2 hours earlier than normal and I hadn't even responded to my emails or written in my journal yet. If he is going to come home early (as if 9:30pm is early) then he should call me and tell me to expedite my evening rituals so as to have them completed by the time he comes home and I have to get up and discuss our daily goods and bads.

Then, instead of studying for his JPME in the living room, leaving me to do whatever I want, he needed to study his JPME off the computer via some files he downloaded and kicked me off.

Again, how RUDE! (Of course, I was just dicking around killing time and he was actually working on a professional course he has to pass ASAP, but really!)

So I shlumped myself upstairs to bed with a book - "The Sweet Potato Queen's Big-Ass Cookbook", (which I had been saving, because it's actually #3 in a series, right after "The Sweet Potato Queen's Book of Love" and "God Save the Sweet Potato Queens" - or vice versa- and I've read one but not the other and have been holding off until such a time as I could get to an American bookstore (don't hold your breath) and find said unread book or just remember to order it next time we place an Amazon order. But last night I just decided that it's not really a chronological-type story and it wouldn't really matter if I read them in order or not.)

.....Please hold while I go back up and find what the hell I was talking about in the Whole Entire First Place........

Oh yeah, in bed with a book...got tired by 10:30, so I turned off the light and was asleep within minutes. It is the earliest I have been to sleep in MONTHS! I got over 8 hours of sleep!!! WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!

But now, HRH Noodle is home sick with a nasty-ass Cold/Sore-throat/Fever-Thing, which is different from her nasty-ass "Mystery-Fever/Sore-throat/Bloodshot Eyes-Thing" from 2 weeks ago. But she DOES have to go to choir practice this afternoon. Hope she's feeling better by then. Drugs, that's the ticket!

Oh, and I made a Spinach-Cream Cheese Quiche for my students Tuesday night and may I just say, "YUM!!!!!"

No comments: