Monday, February 23, 2004

Disembarking the Carousel-of-Death

Noodle's sick.

No surprise there...

She woke me up at 5:00 this morning. All I had to do was touch her to know that she wasn't ok. She was burning up.

To the tune of 104.4 degrees.

Poor baby. She was so miserable. Coughing, and runny nose and fever...

Until about 1:30 this afternoon. Then she was fine. Her fever broke about then and she has been her normal, perky self, albeit a bit sniffly.

Will someone please stop the ride? I want to get off! I don't remember buying a ticket for this never-ending, germ-infested, insane carousel-of-death. We just keep passing some creepy bug around and around and around...

And I don't think it's just us. The Commissary and the In-Convenient Mart are both out of cold meds. This place is a damn petrie-dish.

This weekend I started wiping down, every day, all light-switches, doorknobs, toilet handles, faucets and hand-rails in this house with anti-bacterial wipes. I'm wondering if I'm chasing my tail in vain.

We can't even be funny and crack jokes here (as if we even have a sense of humor left) because once we start laughing, up arises a chorus of coughing and phlegm (sorry about that). And quite frankly, a few seconds of jubilation is not worth all that.

Maybe we can wait until after cold-and-flu-torture season to be funny again.

If we remember how.

No comments: