Saturday, February 21, 2004

99 Things

1. My favorite color is orange.
2. I am obsessive about crosswords. Therefore, I try not to even start them.
3. I’ll argue the Pro-Harry Potter view to the death.
4. My favorite show of all time is M*A*S*H. (And I understand how dorky that is.)
5. I like my hair either very long or very short. Right now it's too short.
6. I am a Hoosier and a Boilermaker.
7. I have Rosacea - it flares up when I'm stressed out.
8. I went to college 3 miles from my kindergarten.
9. I have been to 31 states and 7 countries.
10. I don't like to be alone. (Thanks, Dad!)
11. I am short, but big-boned. (Thanks, again, Dad!)
12. I am a Macintosh convert.
13. I can recite all 50 states alphabetically.
14. I am the “big” sister to one “little” sister...
15. I call her “Baby”.
16. I believe the Best Job Ever is "Mom".
17. I love Crown Royal & Diet Ginger-ale.
18. I also love liver & onions...
19. but won't drink milk or eat cooked carrots.
20. I have 3 tattoos.
21. I have 4 kids.
22. I’d rather stay home than go out.
23. I have great parking karma.
24. I can wiggle my ears...
25. and make an origami crane.
26. I lived in Japan for 4 1/2 years.
27. I am twice divorced.
28. I despise Queen Anne Style furniture.
29. I played golf from 6-16 when I stopped cold turkey.
30. I love flannel sheets and hate silk ones.
31. I have bungy jumped and would do it again.
32. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
33. I am 41.
34. I am a Leo.
35. My oldest child is 20.
36. I have mild OCD.
37. I know all the words to the song, “American Pie”...
38. and taught my kids.
39. I have read all of Daphne du Maurier’s books...
40. “Rebecca” was my favorite.
41. I love to garden.
42. Loud sounds hurt my ears.
43. I hate to make phone calls...
44. almost to the point of phobia.
45. I make awesome lasagna.
46. I can NOT sing.
47. I saw a glacier in New Zealand. It looked like dirt.
48. I am a Master Procrastinator.
49. I love blue jeans with white t’s. My sister calls it my "Uniform".
50. I’ve known my oldest friend for 34 years. Her name is Karen.
51. I married my parents neighbor. It was Fate.
52. I was born during the Summer of Love...
53. which, now that I think about it, explains a lot.
54. My Myers-Briggs score is ESFJ.
55. My eyes are a weird brown/green/yellow tie-dye.
56. I make my own jewelry.
57. I don’t really like kids...
58. except my own.
59. I wear t-shirts to bed.
60. I lived in San Diego for 6 years...
61. and never swam in the Pacific.
62. Yet I lived in Florida for 2 years...
63. and swam in the Gulf of Mexico tons. (It was warmer.)
64. I hate clowns.
65. I had a baby in college.
66. Clutter makes me physically ill.
67. I love Diet Vanilla Coke, which they don't sell anymore.
68. I have a BA in Psychology...
69. and one in Criminology...
70. but I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
71. I love to cook but hate the clean up after.
72. My toenails are always painted...
73. usually red.
74. I hate working in retail. And property management.
75. I’ve been stung by a jellyfish. On the butt.
76. I won a poetry contest in 5th grade.
77. I refuse to wear pantyhose. Ever.
78. I was homecoming queen.
79. I never had braces.
80. I broke one of my toes as a child. It's been crooked ever since.
81. I lived in DC for 2 1/2 years.
82. I can order 2 beers in Spanish...
83. and apologize profusely in Japanese.
84. My dad calls me “Short”.
85. I was never a cheerleader...
86. or in a sorority. But am frequently accused of both.
87. I hate to iron.
88. I don’t scrapbook...
89. or sew. Even buttons.
90. When people say “anyways” it drives me crazy.
91. I hang up on telemarketers.
92. I can drive on the left.
93. I hate 2nd hand stores and yard sales...
94. but enjoy antique stores.
95. I’ve read “Roots” twice.
96. My parents are still married.
97. I don’t like scary movies.
98. I do yoga.
99. I love spring in Alabama & fall in Japan.

1 comment:

sarah doow said...

I'm with you on the cooking/cleaning up thing. This is why I live at home still. Mothers are great for washing up.

Oh, and at first I missed the word "can" from "I can drive on the left" and thought you were just wild.