Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Friday Five For Tuesday

The Friday Five.

Yes, I realize it's Tuesday night, but I don't have much to say. So here you go!

1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? - Christmas 2002, Tater, D and I bungee jumped into a gorge, from the Kawarau bridge in New Zealand.

2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of? - I seriously can't think of a thing. Maybe get another tattoo. (Right now I have one. Pooh on my hip.)


3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle) - I think my husband would disagree, but probably a 7-ish.


4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky? - I married Tater when I was 24 and D was 2, 10 months after getting divorced.

5. ... and what's the worst? - I married husband #1, after dropping out of college at 20 and moving with him 700 miles from my family. Divorce. No surprise there...

......................................

Ok. Now it's 9:30pm and I'm back with something to say. Along with half-a-zillion other people, we started watching American Idol a couple of weeks ago. And, quite frankly, I couldn't care less about any of them.

Except for the "She Bangs" Guy, William Hung from Hong Kong. I haven't been able to get him out of my head since I saw him flail about on that stage. So tonight, our Fox Channel in Armed-Forces-Land replayed the LA Auditions. The only reason I watched this show again was because I couldn't remember where William auditioned and I couldn't bear to pass up the chance to see him "Bang" again. And, sure enough, there he was. He just might be the cutest thing ever to wear a pocket-protector. He wiggled his way into my heart when Simon (who was just doing his job) told William how painful he was to watch.

And all William had to say was:

"I already gave my best. I have no regrets at all."

He was respectful and humble and I think we could use many more "Williams" in the world today.

No comments: