Sunday, July 30, 2006

Diver



She missed making All-Stars by 3.4 points. She needed 100 to advance. She came to find me where I was working the scoring table and with tears in her eyes said, "I messed up my inward."

"But you got a 96.60!"

"But I needed 100."

"But you got 5th!"

"But I'm not going to All-Stars."

"But you were better than approximately 75 other girls in your age group in our Division. And only 4 (FOUR) are better than you.... And most of them age-up next year. You will own this meet in 2007."

And she conceded that perhaps she actually was Amazing, and the more people who recognized it throughout the day, the bigger her smile got.


12 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

She has beautiful form.

Carolie said...

How in the world did you get so lucky...and tell me where I can go to make sure my daughter, when she arrives, is even half as fabulous! What a lovely young woman!

Anonymous said...

I give Noodle a 10 for those dives... they are perfect!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

A picture of perfection!!

Anonymous said...

Oh m'gosh! She's just beautiful..

Brenda said...

Make her stay young and innocent!!Don't let her grow up! She is too precious! And a dang good diver to boot!

Life's Good said...

She looks such a lovely girl, Paige. Kudos to her, and her parents!

Valerie

Anonymous said...

Wow - you're awesome, Mac!

Anonymous said...

Great job Mac! You are amazing. And may I add great pix Mom. Lock her up. She is beautiful!!!!!

sarah doow said...

Mac, I can't even float! - I think your diving is stunning!

Brooke said...

Sooooo gorgeous AND talented. You're a lucky lucky Mom!

Anonymous said...

Go Mac!! All those long boring days at the pool on base and she could have been entertaining us????
Rach