Thursday, July 20, 2006

Did I Mention I'm Over 400 Posts?

Also, I am renewed. I know I said I would come back yesterday, but... I lied. I got home from work yesterday and just laid on the couch like a middle-aged sloth, algae and all. I ate some chips, and some cookies and then was so exhausted I had to take a nap. THEN, I woke up and had to drag myself all the way upstairs to my bed. It was pathetic. Writing was not an option.

But TODAY! Today was better. (Work was still Hell. Don't go there.) But after work, Mac and I went to the pool for her afternoon dive practice and then we stayed after practice and dove with her coach, Shana, and some of the other kids. AND I did an INWARD! Shana did a back one-and-a-half, and then told me I had to do an inward. Even though I'm 21 years older and 30 pounds heavier than the last time I did it. But she told me to. So I did. It was not pretty, but I did it. And now I am all sorts of proud of myself.

The Family went home yesterday. Have I mentioned how amazing my family is? My parents, sister and three nieces drove 11 hours, here, to watch Mackenzie swim and dive. Just that. Not for anything else. And when my sister got here and saw how all stressed I've gotten and how much weight I've lost she waited for me to go to work Monday and cleaned my house, bathrooms and floors and all. Incredible.

Basically, we spent the entire week at the pool. Behold. The Nieces, Sydney, Hannah, and Isabella:







Lip-Sync Contest at the Pool:




Cheering at the contest. Alison, Dillon and Omm:


A tired baby Isabella who adores her cousin, Dillon:


Oh. And Dillon was held down at work while the mechanics shaved his head. He looks different:

13 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I was wondering about the new 'do. So glad you had a great visit. Do they want to come visit me and clean my bathrooms too?

Candi said...

Holy Crap! They got him good!!

Thanks for the Waring tip - what fun colors. What was the one Bron and Dano had that you started like a chainsaw?? That thing rocked.

Missed your postings, hope you're recooping from the fam - who, um, cleaned you house, so do you recoop by making it messy again? I'm confused...

Paige said...

God only knows what kind of contraption they owned. It was GAS-POWERED, for God's Sake! I didn't even know a gas-powered blender existed until then.

Thanks for the welcome back. It's so hard to miss so many days in a row. Then I feel like I don't have anything to say. Not that I normally do.

Anonymous said...

Wow, he does look different! And your neices are dolls. Glad you had a nice visit. I've missed your OSM updates :-).

Michelle said...

So glad you're back! It's amazing to have such fun with family:)

sarah doow said...

That's such a pretty photo of Mac!

Anonymous said...

I liked Dillon's shaggy hair! He looks younger now but he is still a cutie.

Nina said...

If only someone in my life would notice a weight gain and think, "Wow, how can I help her out...oh, I know, clean her entire house!" Gosh, I wish!!

John said...

Wow. The difference in Dillon is SHOCKING.

You can kinda see where his hair used to be, because it's like his face has some small tan lines.

Brenda said...

cuties!!

coool word verification
fumsflim

Brooke said...

You guys are such a beautiful family I can't stand it. Have fun!

Candi said...

I was just rereading the first part of your post, and realized I was so distracted by Dillon's pictures, I totally forgot to comment on your inward - holy crap, Brandi! Seriously, if I could dive in a straight line down, that was an achievement - and to pull out an inward without practicing since when?? Awesome, chica!

Paige said...

Hehehe. Thanks, girlie! I mean to get photos one of these days so you can all be in AWE of my aged talent.