Friday, October 20, 2006

This Post Brought to You By the Word 'Super'

I do this thing.

It all started when I bought a super-fun Superman t-shirt last fall. At first, I wore it to work (where I have a super-casual dress code - I mean it's just me in there, I can pretty much do what I want) as a joke on the days that I expected it to be Hell On Earth (which begs the question - "Did I wear it every goddamn day?"). Then slowly, slowly, it morphed into being the shirt I actively sought out of my closet when I started out having a bad day - when I needed something to give me strength to get through the day.



I wore it yesterday. It seems so bizarre that something as silly as a t-shirt could give me such a psychological boost. But it works! It does! It's Super!

You should get one.

6 comments:

Paige said...

Shut UP! I was having a really bad day yesterday and in no mood for the hair/makeup extravaganza. (I heard you say it wasn't sarcastic. I didn't believe you.)

And, it's really, really hard to take your own photo in the mirror!

Candi said...

Does it make your boobs look nice?

Hm. That sounds dirty.

Michelle said...

Hmm...I must get one of those.

Glad it make your day a little better. We all need that sometimes.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

It only works because you're super!
(This schmaltzyness brought to you to couteract the sarcasm...)

I think maybe this should be your next tattoo.

And, yes Candi, it does make her boobs look nice. Not that I noticed.

DebbieDoesLife said...

I brought home an awesome Batman shirt the other day and my middle one (Mr. Abercrombrie himself) took it! Maybe I need to hide a Superman shirt...under my other clothes...climb into a phone booth...you see where I am going here.

Ericka said...

It's completely off the subject of psychological boosters, but I just got a t-shirt for my birthday that says "it's my birthday. You wanna piece??"

Maybe that'll be my lifter-upper?