Sunday, October 22, 2006

Things I Learned This Weekend

1) It is REALLY, really hard to take your own photo! Especially if you have freakishly short arms (and legs, FYI) and you can barely get the camera far enough away to get your giant head in the shot. (Not to mention eliminating potential under-chin fat.) Behold:



2) My kids are incredibly patient to put up with what we call "Mamarazzi". They just smile and pose as long as I am taking their photos. Or, they are truly just total hams.

3) Turns out, Halloween is in ...like... a week.

4) This Mexican Chocolate Cake is not only delicious, it'll make you sick at the end of a huge meal:



5) No matter how many times you* remind yourself you need coffee at the store, if you don't write it down you Will Not Buy It. (And then you'll be cranky as hell the next morning.)

6) My baby boy is (disregarding the purple mohawk) almost grown up:



7) Flickr! is not nearly as difficult as I was trying to make it for the past two years. I sat down Saturday, dedicated half-a-braincell into figuring it out, and voila! 100 photos uploaded. (Annie. I'm talking to you.)

*Ok. Maybe not you, but certainly me. Every Single Time!

8 comments:

Irish Eyes said...

I just showed my roommate your site for the first time and she saw that picture then was confused when I told her Dillon was your son. This is what she said, "No way. She looks super young!"

Happy Sunday to Paige.

sarah doow said...

I'd like to offer up an "Amen, sister" for number one. And then I'd like to offer up an inappropriate wolf-whistle for number six. Oh, and number one, too.

Candi said...

That cake looks scary...

D is still sporting the Mohawk, huh? Hehehe...

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Okay:
A. my problem with flicker was that the size of my photos meant that 6 filled up the monthly free requirement, and
B. if you use the TIMER on your camera, you don't need longer arms, and
C. I have cavities just looking at that cake, and
D. yes, your children are hams, but I mean that in the nicest possible way, and
7. D looks just great, mohawk and all. His college room mates are either going to love him or hate him.

Anonymous said...

Get rid of the chin (which I really do not see) by shoving your tongue to the roof of your mouth.

Paige said...

Bridge~ I LOVE your new roommate! Kiss her for me.

Annie~ Download the Flickr! Uploader. It has a prompt to automatically resize the photos for you. (At least the Mac version does, I'm sure the PC version will do that too. I promise, it's almost as easy as uploading to Blogger but without the frustration.) AND ...The timer seems like a perfectly reasonable work-around, but damn if I don't always come out blurry when I use the timer because I can never get exactly where I'm supposed to stand!

Bec~ Excellent advice! Thanks!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Paige, Mac is your place holder. Or even the dog. Just focus on the couch and hustle on over there. I'll eventually check ou the flicker uploader.

Also, the tongue on the roof of the mouth totally works. I do it all the time. I thought you knew...

Ericka said...

I just want you to know that I think you are super-adorable. I have never come in here and not left without laughing!

Thank god for blogger-friends.