Monday, October 16, 2006

Photo Stall

This is my gorgeous daughter wearing my dress (which clearly doesn't fit me any longer). She went to a Murder Mystery Party Saturday night and played the part of a young lady whose father traveled extensively during the 1800's. All the other girls were wearing their dresses from Colonial Days and I had a moment of panic there while I realized that while the entirety of the US celebrated Colonial Days in 4th or 5th grade (I don't even know), we were overseas, obliviously ignoring our American Heritage and now find ourselves without a Colonial-Style dress to our names. Luckily, the mom of the Birthday Girl realized this and thoughtfully wrote our
travels into the script. Mackenzie wore my navy-dyed pumps from my sister's wedding, and my mom, Omm, sent Mac her opera gloves to complete the outfit. She was stunning. Clearly.




I think this was my last rose of the year.






Taiko's still moving a bit hesitantly, not jumping up on the sofa and taking the stairs slowly, and resting quite a bit. I haven't heard him cry for a couple days and I haven't given him any pain meds at all. He keeps curling up on any soft surface that he can find and crashing out.

And these goofy critters appeared on top of the TV cabinet last week.
I guess Halloween's on its way.

2 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

See? And you thought the dress wouldn't get worn. She does look lovely.

Poor Taiko. You didn't get the doggie Bjorn?

Sam is pointing and talking to all of the pumpkins in our neighborhood.

sarah doow said...

Mackenzie looks fabulous! I'm so impressed that Borthday Girls' mom wrote the lack of a Colonial outfit into the script. After all, it's much more fun to be the exotic one at a party ;-)