Thursday, October 26, 2006

Playing With Wordgirl

Yesterday, Wordgirl called us all out to post photos of our front doors, in recognition of "Show Me Your Front Door Day" but I didn't read yesterday and as such, didn't know I was supposed to show her my front door. But today I did, and while my OCD really wanted me to sweep the stoop, trim the flowers and buy some pumpkins before I did so, I refrained and took a picture showing exactly what it looks like at this moment in time (though if I could have reached the Flag, I would have untwisted it - I couldn't).

Here it is (it's a little dark because it was, in fact, getting dark out):



And the Other Side:



The trim around the door was just replaced last night. It will be painted soon, but not now. I'm busy blogging.

What you see when you walk in the door: (Evidence for Annie that my Entrance Tansu is still there for her junk...)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suh-weet! It looks fabulous!

sarah doow said...

Nice thing above the door :-) What are they called? *gets father to find out* Blind arch.
Word to the wise - don't do a Google image search for blind arch while in polite company.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Since when don't you have a piece of furniture in your front hallway? Where will I put all of my junk?

Nina said...

I am so insanely jealous of the mail slot. I wish we had a "community" where mail could come into our front door. Or, even better would be those kind that sit outside the door, all pretty and wrought-iron and stuff?
Man, jealous.
I live in the backwoods of America.

Brenda said...

I love the way the light looks like rays. What a fun and inviting entrance.

Ericka said...

Um.

Has anyone else noticed the "Wizard of Oz" effect in the front door photos? Outside--black and white....inside--color...

I love your creativity!

Anonymous said...

The inside of your house looks warm and inviting. The type of house it's great to be invited to.