Sunday, May 14, 2006

How to Make Me Cry

"Your Love~Mother's Day"
by Mackenzie


Your love is like the sun,
which brightens every day.
Your love is like the peacefulness
of sitting by the bay.
Your love warms my heart
like a hot summer day in June.
Your love is like a rocket
which sends me to the moon.
Your love is like an ocean wave
that beats against the sand.
Your love is reassuring to me
like a guiding hand.
Your love is a power
that can never ever fail.
Your love is in the flowers
on Mother's Day you mail.
Your love is in the care
in every day I seek.
Your love in the support
you give me when I'm weak.
Your love is the glue
that binds me together.
Your love helps me go on
forever and ever.
Your love is like the gentle rain
pitter-patter on the roof.
Your love is in my soul
I feel it, there is no needed proof.
Your love will guide me home
whenever I am lost.
Your love will always shield me
no matter what the cost.
Your love is like a flower
which opens up to shine.
Your love makes me happy
and thankful you are mine.
Your love is what drives me
no way it can be beat.
Your love is my oxygen
without you my death I'll meet.
Your love is my energy
that gets me through the day.
Your love is the path
to help me find my way.
Your love is a blank book
while flipping through the pages.
Your love fills the book
by helping me through my stages.
Your love is a river
which never ever ends.
Your love is that same river
with twists and turns and bends.
Your love is like a mother bear
your protection will never break.
Your love is like a barrier
when it's my innocence at stake.
Your love is my life.
Without you I am dead.
Your love is indestructible.
I love you, I love you, I love you,
that's all I've ever said!

Love, Mackenzie

PS - Your love is to it's fullest
during Mother's Day each year.
I think that just sums it up,
why yes, it does, my dear.

Happy Mother's Day!

10 comments:

seakrait said...

Awwwww... Mackenzie's such a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless and tearful. What a beautiful tribute.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

That is such a beautiful poem. She's really quite talented. What a lovely gift.

Now don't you feel bad for torturing her yesterday?

Candi said...

Yeah? Well, Bella drew me a mushroom! :)

Brenda said...

I think you better keep this kid.

Irish Eyes said...

I am obsessed with your children. . . and my mother. I wore an "I -heart- Mom shirt to graduation."

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful. This will be framed and diplayed? Wow. I must go get a tissue. Great job Miss Mac!
Bec.

Paige said...

Thanks, Guys! Now you see why I was crying?!

She is amazing. I know how incredibly lucky I am to call her mine.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift!

Brooke said...

Well thanks a LOT...I'm all teary now. ;)

She is amazing! Happy Mom's Day to you...you are so blessed!