Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Rant-n-Roll

The boy is hovering. I think he wants the computer. But I was here first. And I'm older. And I'm the mom. I win. Anyway, he should go do homework, or clean his room, or take out the trash, or solve world hunger...

So. I need a 40 watt appliance bulb for Noodle's lava lamp. There is not a 40 watt appliance bulb within 9,000 miles of here.

Well, actually, there might be one just 2 blocks up the street at the Daiei (think "Japanese K-Mart"). But if there is, I can't read the box, preventing me from choosing and purchasing it and it might as well be 9,000 miles away.

Did I mention that on December 15th (DECEMBER 15!!!) we ordered an Apple computer? But they won't deliver to Japan. So we had it sent to Tater's parents.

Which was our first mistake.

His parents decided that if you mail packages to Japan in December they will take "too long" to get here (ostensibly due to "Christmas Rush") so they let them sit on their kitchen floor instead. I told Tater, "No WAY! Tell them that mail actually gets here FASTER in December because they've increased manning during the holidays!"

So he did.

They didn't believe him. They waited until January 12th (must have been the magic date when the Postal Bermuda Triangle closed up) to mail them. It's January 28th and there's not been the first sign of packages.

On top of it all, she keeps sending us emails every couple of days asking if we got our packages yet.

I am holding my tongue in the most prim and proper, "I-wanna-tell-you-how-stupid-that-is-but-won't", perfect daughter-in-law way.

Because I am, you know. Perfect. Not prim and proper.

Oh My God! D is shlumping around here SO pitiful-like. I guess it can be his turn now.

No comments: