Thursday, January 29, 2004

I'd Like My Soup With Skittles, Please

So my mom called this morning and it went like this:

"Hi Hon, did you make Chicken Soup yet? It's been proven to help you feel better."

"I don't like Chicken Soup. But I opened a can of Campbell's for Noodle."

"That doesn't count. You have to make it. Go to the store and buy a chicken."

"I'm sick. I don't want to cook."

"You need soup to make you feel better. And put on a t-shirt. You don't want to get cold."

"But, I'm not cold and I don't like Chicken Soup."

"You can put the good noodles in it."

"There are "good" noodles?"

"Well, you know, the long ones. And don't forget, it's the bones that make it work."

"Well, I DEFINITELY don't like bones in my soup."

(And then there was much sighing and eye-rolling from across the Pacific...)

"You take the bones OUT, after you've made it. And put in some carrots. You know, for color."

"I don't like carrots. If I want color in my soup, I'll just throw in some Skittles."

(more eye-rolling)

"Oh, Paige, what am I going to do with you?"

Poor Mom. I was laughing so hard at her that I threw myself into a coughing fit and she's probably on an airplane right now, headed out here to make me some Boneless, Skittleless, Chicken Soup with the "good" noodles.

No comments: