Monday, April 10, 2006

Time With the 'Rents

My parents blew into town on Sunday. We just hung out yesterday and then today, after I worked until 12:30, we went to the NRA Museum. I know. How weird is that? I'm guessing that's probably not on most people's to-do list when they come to DC, but if your Dad retired last year and bought a gun shop to keep himself busy, then that's what you do.

Here's a few photos from when the kids comandeered my camera:

Dillon with Charlton Heston.


Mackenzie on Safari.



And yesterday, Mom taught Mac how to knit. We don't know what she's making, but we think it may be a bedskirt. It's huge:




And here's my garden:

Dogwood.


Tulip.


My Bird Girl.

5 comments:

John said...

We have a bird girl at school.

She wears birds and other objects in her hair as decorations.

Other items include fruit, buns, garlic necklaces as well as a 8 inch Christmas tree she wears at home.

Anonymous said...

I love your garden pics! (Meant to say when you posted some before.)

And I see Mackenzie has gone back to curly hair. Good!
Well, I like it ;-) Pretty girl!

Irish Eyes said...

John's story is true. Once she was on the front of the newspaper with a huge headline that said bird girl.

In other news, I was just filled with jealousy towards your children because I discerned that you took them out of school to go to the NRA museum.

Then I realized they're probably on spring break. Whoops.
: ) Have you all toured the Capitol, cause I think I might be the best tour guide in town!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Your Dad bought a GUN SHOP? He's going to be Sparky's hero. I didn't know the NRA had their own museum. Hope you had a lovely visit.

Candi said...

OK, I read NRA and thought IRA and wondered why Shaun hadn't dragged me there yet.

Perhaps I need glasses.