Saturday, April 15, 2006

And We're Back To Friday

Newsflash!


I have just received the OK from Bridget the Tour Goddess that I may post our photos from our Friday tour of the Capitol:


The Beautiful and Knowledgeable Bridget and Me



Dillon, Bridget, and Mackenzie (who is standing on a curb).



Bridget with Me, the kids and the parents, George and Helen.


See how happy we are? It's because we had a great time and the Capitol Tour with Bridget is 100 times better than the Lame-o White House Tour. And I should know. She really knows her Capitol trivia, but I am mostly impressed that we only got lost once in the labyrinth of hallways underground. There is even a Disney-esque monorail sort of thing (I don't actually know if there is only one rail. I just said that.)

I highly recommend the US Capitol Tour to anyone visiting (or living in) DC. It's a beautiful building that can not be appreciated from photos. Standing in the House Chamber (Room?) and actually seeing where the President stands during the State of the Union Address or the viewing the Old Senate Chamber with it's heavy burgundy draperies or standing at the middle of the Rotunda, where Lincoln, JFK, MacArthur, Eisenhower, Unknown Soldiers, Ronald Reagan, and Rosa Parks have lain in state is a powerful feeling indeed.

Thank you, Bridget, for inviting us to visit a part of History that we probably would not have visited otherwise.

2 comments:

Irish Eyes said...

holler hiding from the government.

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks happy... I concur you must have had a good time.