Thursday, November 03, 2005

Overheard During Dinner

Paige: "I think I want a new camera for Christmas."

Tater: "Why?"

"Because you won't let me use yours."

"Yes I will."

"Not to take it anywhere. Like to Indiana for my reunion, for example."

(Point for Paige.)

"What kind?"

"Something better than what I've got (a Sony Cyber-Shot). How about that Canon Rebel?"

"You don't want that."

"Why not?"

"It's an SLR."

"So."

"So it's heavy and shit. You don't like carrying heavy stuff."

(Keeping this one within my inner monologue... "Well, concerning TV's and luggage, that's true, but I think I could handle a camera...")

Paige: "I could get a bag."

"Where would you put your wallet?"

"In the bag."

"There won't be room."

"Think of all the shit you put in your bag!"

"Yeah, and it's really heavy."

(Getting frustrated.)

"You'd need lenses."

"Yes."

"That's a lot of money."

(Inner monologue: "Which is why I'm asking for it for Christmas.")

Tater: "It would be stupid to have two different systems with parts that aren't interchangeable. (He has a fancy Nikon.)"

(Inner monologue again: "But I'm not allowed to use your camera anyway...")

Paige: "I've grown out of my point-and-shoot."

"I agree with that, but....blah blah blah..." ...lots of stuff that sounded like I wouldn't be capable of operating all those buttons and switches and talk that just lead to me being pissed off.

Which only makes me want it more.

1 comment:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

You could get one of those baggage things you drap over the dog and Taiko could carry your stuff. Earn his keep, as it were.