Saturday, November 19, 2005

Karma, Baby!

So.

After he left for a Saturday night trip to Home Depot, I ran upstairs to carry out my nefarious plan...

I stripped the apple green, freezing cold, high-thread-count, cotton sheets off my bed and grabbed my white, super-heavy, super-cozy, Lands End flannel sheets out of the linen closet. I draped one corner of the fitted sheets around the first corner...and then the second...and then the..........

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!

It wasn't wide enough to make it to the third corner! How can this be? I checked the tag..."Twin"!

In a panic, I ran back to the linen closet. Red queen-size sheets, pink twins, purple twins, white twins... What happened?

I sat like a dunderhead for a couple of minutes trying to figure it all out. And then I remembered:

After warmer weather became the norm last spring, I took my flannels off for the last time and Threw. Them. Away! I remember now! They were starting to yellow, as white sheets will tend to do, and the cozy brushy feeling was wearing off them so I threw them out, knowing that I would remember to buy some in the fall. Well, guess what? It's fall. I forgot.

So as I type, my icy-cold cotton sheets are in the washing machine and I'll have to return them to my bed until I can order some flannels.

Joke's on me.

No comments: