Monday, March 08, 2004

Sun, Snow, Sun. And New Shoes.

I know it doesn't look like it, but I did type out an entry yesterday. You just can't see it. And why do you think you can't see it? Because my Tater-man was on my Mac so I typed it out on the piece-of-shit PC which promptly lost it when I hit "send" (...or "done" - whatever). When I was using the PC every day, I remembered to copy everything before sending it out into cyber-space unprotected but what is it - 10 days to break a habit? Well, we're well past that limit and since I never fully recovered from my pregnancy memory-loss (times two) then I should just chalk it up to Things To Be Expected And Not Bitch About Them Later.

Stupid, stupid, evil PC...

So yesterday, I wanted to make mention of our Crazy Japanese Weather. When we woke up yesterday morning, it was a sunny 52 degrees (so I put on a light shirt). By noon it was grey and coudy and snowing (so I added a leather coat and scarf). By 2, sunny again - not a cloud in the sky (ditched the scarf...). I can't deal with that crap. I like to know what the weather has in store for me. How to dress. Whether or not to bring an umbrella. Huh. That explains why I liked San Diego so much...

I bought new shoes at Zama yesterday. I know for most people, that would not be such an accomplishment. But here, to find shoes you like, that fit you and are quality is a near impossibility. They are black high-heel leather Tommy Hilfiger clogs. Now, in general, I have an aversion to anything Tommy Hilfiger, due to the blatant self-advertising he puts on EVERYTHING and then charges an arm and a leg for people to prance around town in them. Usually with their belly-buttons hanging out. That is NOT ok.

But... in such extreme conditions, one must not be too unbending. My choices here are severely limited. Every SINGLE pair of shoes in the Exchange on this base were made for women at least 25 years older than my spry 36. They are those ugly faux-leather shoe-sneaker-things that usually come in beige. Or gold. (Fug.) Or low-heeled sandals...in winter...in beige...ugly low-heeled sandals.

Anyway, I love them and they make me look tall. -Er. Taller. (I will never fool anyone into thinking I am tall.) And my jeans that are too long (and they say PETITE right on them!!!) now fit a bit better. Now I just need somewhere to go.

No comments: