Sunday, December 21, 2003

Psychosis With a Side of Insomnia

So I can't sleep.

Tater is snoring up in bed, D and Noodle are all tucked in, the TV is off, the Christmas tree lights are unplugged, and the doors are locked.

I went up and layed (laid?) down, but my mind wouldn't stop. It's trying to figure out what the hell is the matter with me. I'm a psychologist and know what I'd think is the matter with me if I WEREN'T me, but I am me and I know that's not it. Unless it's buried so deep down that even I won't acknowledge it.

That's honestly not it.

It's smaller than that, but somehow so much more. It's a thousand little things that have piled up to make one big thing. A thing that's so big that I can't even wrap my mind around it, yet somehow, I'm hoping for Tater to understand it. And I know that I can't expect that of him.

So here I am. Wrestling over an issue (issues?) that I am bored out of my skull with, but for some psychotic reason can't let go of.

No comments: