Wednesday, December 17, 2003

The Day I Started Running Again

OK. So I started running again today.

It's been about 3 months since I stopped completely, and about 6 weeks since I've been to the gym. The guilt has finally gotten the better of me and there I was, slinking back to the gym, hoping no one would see me there with my extra 10 pounds. I only actually ran about a mile, then walked for another half-mile, then cross-trained another half-mile, then got on the rowing machine...but only because no one else was in there in case I was doing it wrong...

So far, I'm not sore yet. Let's see how I'm feeling in the morning!!!

My Wednesday English class came tonight and we had a really nice time. I made them Tortilla Soup and Gingerbread Cake for dessert. They really seemed to like it, but lets face it, they're Japanese. If they didn't like it, I'd be the last to know. They'd still sit there and eat it, hating it, and all the while telling me how good it is! Bless their hearts, it's just not in their culture to hurt our feelings.

They brought us presents for Christmas too...

Mac got a snowman candle, a bag, and a frame.

Dillon got a crazy mini-vacuum-thingy for eraser detrious.

I got snowman placemats and napkins from Mayumi (who moved to Singapore well over a year ago), a frame, a pink handkerchief, 2 mini plates, and an apple from Taeko, a red and white old-fashioned parasol from Keiko, and a candle holder from Ayako. Thank you, thank you, ladies!

We got them some pretty crystal candy dishes with stars and Christmas trees on them. And a bag of Christmas M&M's to go in each dish.

OH! I just realized, it's my cousin's birthday today! I have to go and send her an email!

No comments: