Friday, December 12, 2003

Inspiration A-La Nicole

OK.

I have spent the last several days freaking out about The Holidays and all the things that have to be attended, cooked, organized, mailed, and wrapped.

And then I read Nicole's diary.

And she put me back into perspective. She is moving halfway across the country, going to school, selling a house, trying to buy a house, trying to find jobs, and has sick kids on top of it. At Christmas. Did I forget anything?

And she is still holding it together. If I could, I would drop all the things I have to do and go help her. Her issues are REAL, and not simply annoyances.

My new mantra, "What will get done will get done, and everything else will be late or axed".

Well, that, and, "No more taking crap from anyone." (Right Mom?) :)

Change of subject...

Our squadron Christmas party was last night. (One down, 3 to go!) We had a great time. Good food, good company, good dancing, and a bunch of AW's wearing skirts. Well, kilts, but since they looked a lot like Velma, I'm sayin' "skirts". There were a zillion door-prizes handed out, and lots of sailors went home happy.

We got home around midnight (early for us), and were able to sleep in, as we let the kids skip school today. Noodle only had a half-day anyway, and D's friend, Brianna, is moving state-side tomorrow, so we told him he can hang out with her all day.

We're headed up to Tokyo this afternoon in search of a new computer. Wish us luck....

No comments: