Monday, April 09, 2007

Who Wants to Buy a House?

Ok. Here's the deal. I am dead tired. 3 of the last 4 weekends have either been spent with Jes and Rachelle at their homes, with my parents at my home, and/or preparing the house to put on the market (T-7 days...).

The house was actually perfect. But I CANNOT just let be and keep nit-picking at the house, trying to make it More Perfect and driving myself nutso. I'd love to say that I recognize this and will stop, but I won't. Even my sheets will be clean for the showings. (Hello, OCD! Why can't we just get along?)

Several rooms are finished (mostly, anyway - I need to buy a couple of plants, a curtain and rod for D's closet "door", and 2 lamps for my bedroom). The photos (so far) can be seen on my Flickr page.

There is still touch-up-painting, carpet-cleaning, pansy-planting, boxes-o-books-relocating (I think they're going to my office as it's hard to hide 6 boxes of books in a house that we're trying very hard not to let people notice is packed to the brim), dead-plant-removing (oops! it was a palm in T's "apartment," otherwise known as the basement and was ignored, literally, to death), and laundry-room-tidying to be done. Everything else is perfect.

See you on the Sold Side....

6 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I will obviously never, ever be able to sell a house because I could never get or keep a house this clean. Dude, it's perfect. Take a nap. And have a cookie.

Candi said...

:( Take a break.

Come paint my dining room.

It was fine before, now it's eating me.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I hate getting a house ready to sell! It looks great when you are done and ready for the showings, but oh. my. word. Moving up to that is just exhausting!

(((Paige)))!

Anonymous said...

Amazingly clean! No wonder you look so tired. As George Carlin might ask, "Where do you keep your stuff?"

Chris Cactus said...

For what it's worth, I checked the pictures and the house looks great!

Paige said...

Thanks, guys.

Candi~ Sorry 'bout that. :)