Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In Which Paige Becomes Comatose

On Annie's suggestion from Monday's comments section (because she is The Voice of Reason and we should all listen to her whether we think we need to or not), I took a nap. Last night...

I made dinner for me and the kids (a Real dinner - not just carrot sticks and potato chips like normal), we cleaned it up, and around 6:30, they went to their rooms to do homework and I headed up to my bedroom to return month-old emails and watch some TV. But my bed was so comfy, and my head was so tired, that I laid down for just a few minutes. For I had Things to do; rooms to rearrange! At 9:00 I had "House" to watch!

I was instantly asleep.

For 4 hours. I woke up at 10:30, long after "House" had wrapped, the sun had set, and the kids had put themselves to bed. I checked to make sure the house was locked tight, the alarm set, and the heat turned down, then went back upstairs. I was awake for about an hour. Then fell easily back to sleep and slept until 6:30 this morning.

And I'm still a little tired today.

So I had a cookie.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I am SO in love with HOUSE!

He's my IDOL!

Then again, you know it's bad when the girl checking you out at Blockbuster with whom you've had a 2 minute conversation with says 'You need to watch House.'

Oh! I love!

Nina said...

Naps are delicious, aren't they? Especially as an adult. You must have needed the nap.
And let me say - your house should sell within no time. It is absolutely gorgeous. What I want to know is this: how the hell can it stay so clean with two teenagers in the house? Mine has NEVER looked that clean. Ever. Have you locked up two tons of "things" you own in some kind of bomb shelter or something? Or is it just a reminder to me that we here at my house have way.too.much.junk.???

Brenda said...

Was it a chocolate chip cookie? because those are the best for breakfast.

And. The house looks great. I use to show homes that were for rent. It will sell quickly.

Have another cookie.

Oh. gag. my word verification is pigaixcb.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I accept both cash and credit cards as forms of payment. If you want to use a check, I'll need two forms of ID.

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Naps and cookies are good for everyone. You looked ready to weep in that photo. I was worried.

Anonymous said...

And isn't that kind of sleep the best? Not to mention cookies. Cookies are the best too :-).

Candi said...

Paige, stick to the details, what kind of cookie??

phdatc said...

Cookies make it all better, no matter how old we get! :)

sarah doow said...

AHA! That's why I'm feeling tired: I haven't had a cookie.

Paige said...

A) I too, Betty, am in love with Gregory House. Alas, he is not real, as I am currently un-hitched. :)

2) Thank you, Nina. "Stuff" around my house makes my stomach hurt. (A couple little piles are ok, but stuff in every corner makes me crazy and I am likely to divorce you.) Seriously. I may have a problem and I'm working on it.

C) Oatmeal Raisin. Is there any other kind?

Anonymous said...

Cookies are always a safe bet.