Friday, August 11, 2006

Bec and Me

On.... um.... Tuesday (?) (you know how the days run together on vacation), while camping with my kids and my parents,... I met my friend Bec for the first time. We actually met in an author's chat room about 5 years ago and have kept in touch ever since. She and her beautiful daughter, J, drove an hour and a half, to the Indiana Dunes, just to meet us. They stayed all day, went to the beach with us, joined us for dinner, and not a second during all that time did I feel like I was with a stranger. We were instant long-time friends and laughed and talked and the kids got along amazingly well, as J is 14 and smack dab in the middle of Dillon and Mackenzie. Here we are:

Bec and Me


(This is Lakewater Hair I am sporting. Jealous much?)


Dillon, Mackenzie & J

5 comments:

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Yeah for new/old friends. Glad you had fun. You may have lake hair but you still look super cute in your swimsuit.

Anonymous said...

Before I read the caption about the lake hair, i was thinking how cute and younger than me you look - especially with the beach hair!

Ps - I know you had to answer this a while back, but Ill never find it if i look - what kind of camera do you use? I think it was a canon, but not sure which one! we are in the market for an upgrade - your pics are AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was happy to make the trip down to meet your family and catch up with you. Even though we had never talked on the phone, your voice was somehow familiar and comfortable.

J and her friends were looking at pictures of Dillon trying to get a good look at the ol' nipple ring. Too funny! And he has been dubbed hot by some of the girls.

Nice how you get pretty beach hair and I get a poofy afro!

Life's Good said...

Cool pics! I'm jealous that you guys got to meet - I've never met a fellow blogger.

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO jealous!!! But, makes me realize that we really need to meet IRL before you move to the other coast.