Thursday, February 23, 2006

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi He's Not

This particular configuration of everyday household items caused Dog to completely wig out this afternoon.

I came home from work and put my bag on the floor by that pile of books which won't fit into the bookcase. Then, I innocently threw my coat over the pile and dropped my keys on top like a cherry on a sundae.

Where they remained for well over an hour.

Until Dog was standing about 3 feet away from the pile and Gravity became too much for the Delicate Nordstrom Pink Wool to support the weight of the keys for one nanosecond longer and they shifted.

Just a smidge.

But Dog heard it and jumped to Red Alert Status immediately. He growled, he snuck up on them, he barked, he stood near me* and growled some more.

For 20 minutes he carried on.

That's 20 minutes after the keys stopped moving.

He finally only gave it up because I had to (take a photo and) pick up my keys to go get Mac from school.

*I'm not sure if he was protecting me or trying to get behind me so that I would take the brunt of the pain when the keys decided to rush us.

Thank God it wasn't a cobra.

6 comments:

Paige said...

John... Don't even start on my pink jacket. It is super-cute.

Irish Eyes said...

haha. yay! i was just thinking how jealous i was of it. . .wow that made me laugh outloud.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

He is a brave and persistent little dog. You are lucky to have him. Does he still pee on the floor when Tater comes home?

Candi said...

My dog's used to freak if they saw us packing - maybe he thought you were leaving him and was mad at the evil keys for being your out??

John said...

Listen.

Pink is okay in moderation...As long as you don't own pick everything, you're good. Bridie up there has a wardrobe full of it. Full. Of. It.

Some people need to be told no.

Brooke said...

Of COURSE you had to take a picture! :D