Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Worst Friday Night Ever

Last night was pathetic.

Friday night is my favorite time of the week. Two whole days and one night stretched out before me with endless possibilities for fun and/or laziness before I have to slog myself back to my post by the Phone of Doom and play nice.

But last night sucked.

Tater went to work, Dillon had a date with Elaine (is that what I'm calling her? I forget...) for dinner at her grandma's house, and Mac spent the night at her friend Brittany's house. And I was alone. All evening. I could have watched Chick-Flicks until the house filled up with estrogen and it bubbled over in flowery madness out the windows... I could have started the new book I've been trying to get to for the past 3 weeks... I could have made jewelry for the show at Ichiban where they will sell my stuff and then send me lots of money... I could have returned the 40 or so emails that I owe... I could have called girlfriends (and shocked the hell out of them when they realized that I actually picked up the phone and dialed it and connected with another, living person on the other end (!!!))...

But I didn't do any of that because I had a migraine. I laid on the sofa with the lights turned low and the TV on CSI reruns and drifted in and out of sleep for the better part of 5 hours.

And then I got fed up. And I dragged myself off the sofa and up the stairs and took another Zomig, and put on my Loungewear as it was apparent that I wasn't going anywhere.

And I made popcorn. (Real popcorn. On the stove. Not that crap they try to pass off as popcorn in the microwaveable bags. It's not that hard, people, to make popcorn in a pot. Just Say No to cardboard popcorn!) Anyway... Because that's what you do on Friday night by yourself: You make popcorn with lots of butter and salt. And then I went to get a Diet Coke. They were Gone.

DAMN! This is the worst Friday night EVER!

But I found a root beer in the pantry and drank that and ate a whole bowl of popcorn by myself.

And then I had a tummy ache.

So I sat on the sofa more and watched more TV.

And then I went to bed with Snack Size Hershey's Chocolate Bars and watched TV and ate more.

And then Dillon came home and I could fall asleep.

So I did, thankful that it was Over.

No comments: