Monday, October 17, 2005

The New "Thing"

So. I had a good idea.

And I turned around and gave Mackenzie a high-five.

...then with the left hand...

...then with the right hand...

...then with the left hand...

...then with the right hand...

...then with both hands.

Then she looked at me with wide eyes and giant smile and said, "Hey! We have a new Thing!"

And we had to practice it two more times.

Now we are prepared to celebrate in the event of happy news and impressive accomplishments.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

J and I went to a mother-daughter retreat a couple of years ago and one of the exercises was creating our own "thing." We never used it. Cole and I tend to have a "thing" too. Funny how something simple makes a big connection with the kids.

This is my family blog. My extended family does not know about my diary. This one is more boring than the other somehow.
.....Bec.