Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Poop At the Table

Here's what I don't get:

Inevitably, when we're eating dinner, the conversation turns toward poop.

Yes, I said "poop".

At first, I believe it was accidental, but after I made such a big thing about it I think they've caught on and are now finding new and inventive ways to work it into the discussion...

Dillon: "Something smelled disgusting in Spanish class this morning. Finally we realized Alex had poop on his shoe."

Mac: "Gosh, PE today was so nasty. There was goose poop all over the field."

Dillon: " I can't help with dishes. I have to go poop."

Mac: "My tummy hurt so bad this morning, but then I went poop and I felt a lot better."

Don't think it's just the kids, either. The dad is just as bad. He has no shame and derives much enjoyment in seeing my eyes bug out and my mouth pop open in the classic, "Are you KIDDING me?" posture.

And then they all laugh.

Is it too much for me to ask for just 1 (ONE!) hour that is sacred and disgust-free?

No comments: