Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Twenty Below Normal

Today it's 55-degrees. That's more than 20 degrees below normal. It seems as though since we arrived in DC in January, every other Weather Report has informed me how the temps are yet again, below normal.

Before we know it, July will be here and what do you bet they'll start saying how temps are all ABOVE normal?

Rude.

Noodle suggested that I start watching a different weather channel....

Also, I got lost twice yesterday, ended up in the HOV lane and had to drive about 10 miles past my exit (praying the whole time that a cop didn't see me), missed my turn and almost got rear-ended TWICE, while trying to get back on track (prompting me to stop ASAP and send Noodle to the rear of my car to make sure the brakelights were working - they were), took a sideroad to avoid traffic on 95 which ended up having no traffic, in direct contrast with my little backroad. By the time we got home, it was POURING and we got soaked carrying in the groceries.

I'm starting to believe there is no "normal" here.

No comments: