Sunday, May 08, 2005

It's All About Me!

So. Today was Mother's Day.

When I went downstairs to make my coffee, Noodle had placed, on the counter, a little clay pot of flowers (marigolds), an astoundingly beautiful picture she drew of dahlias (suitable for framing), and a lovely note telling me how much she loves me (a lot).

Next to all that was the pink & black-wrapped box of Kate Spade perfume that I bought for myself a few weeks ago, but really Tater bought and the very sneaky Nordstrom lady wrapped and then gave to Noodle, so I couldn't cheat and use it early. I've been waiting for 3 weeks to break into that! I ripped the paper off and enveloped myself in Kate's bouquet of honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine...

I still had my jammies on but I smelled Great!

Then, Noodle and I went out to the garden (the garden that the kids and I worked in for 7 hours yesterday - hostas and lilies and fern, oh my!) and drank our coffee and tea, then visited Dillon in his room for about an hour (because if you have a teenager and you want to see them, even if it's Mother's Day, you have to go hang out in their room), and then we got some cards and played Skip-Bo in the garden for another hour or so while catching some rays, and then my son FINALLY brought me my present from him.

He had made me a big, frosty, sweet, infused with coconutty-goodness, Pina Colada. With rum.

I have the BEST kids.

Oh yeah. And then we went out to dinner. To Austin Grill, where they have the "Swirly" Margarita. Mmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: