Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just Some Stuff

Stuff I Don't Like:
  • When I go out to lunch with a friend, who happens to be a guy (it was NOT a date), and he eats WAY less than I do. I'm not ok with that. (You know who you are - if we happen to go out to lunch again, you need to eat more so as to make me feel comfortable. :) )
  • My job. (31 days and counting!)
  • When I make a Smoked Turkey Sandwich for lunch but neglect to pull the little wax paper off the slice of Muenster Cheese. And I also don't like how it took me more than half the sandwich to realize I was eating paper. (I was hungry. Probably because I didn't get enough to eat at aforementioned lunch.)
  • Stone lions at someone's front door. (Unless you live in a palace. Or a temple. Then I'm ok with that.)
  • When two different realtors call to tell us they are each going to make an offer on the house last Friday, and then don't.
  • Ironing.
  • Women who call my office all riled up and complaining that the landscapers mowed her grass today and did a "terrible job and left the grass bumpy". (I don't even know what this means! How do I fix it? Especially when I don't care...)
  • Realtors who leave my front door unlocked after showing my house.
  • Receiving my final divorce papers in the mail today. (It was final as of April 24th.) "Hello, Paige, here is tangible evidence of yet another failed marriage. One more and you're eligible for the Frequent Divorcer's Discount."
Stuff I Like:
  • When two different realtors, who saw the house Saturday, call us today to say they are writing an offer tomorrow. (If only to validate my feelings that I have an awesome house and one of these days, someone is going to want to buy it.)
  • Women who call my office and complain that the landscapers mowed her grass today and did a "terrible job and left the grass bumpy" in a really thick spanish accent so I can make fun of them for the rest of the day.
  • Cookies.
  • When I'm having a crappy day at work and my friend Julian calls because he's having a Really Crappy Day (new transmission - $4,000) and said he just needed to hear a happy person so I tell him, "I'm sorry, you have the wrong number". And it makes us both crack up and by the time I hang up a few minutes later, we are both smiling.
  • My boss. (Hi, Beth!)
  • Veterinarians who don't blow me off saying, "Oh, it's a reaction to some [mysterious] allergy," when I ask her about Taiko's skin-ick. She FINALLY has an idea what might be wrong with him. Fungal infection. Nasty. (Miss Jackson...)
  • When Dillon is eating something he Really, Really likes and looks up and me and says with the intensity of a two-year-old, and the seriousness of a judge, "This is delicious."
  • My super-freaky-clean-house.
  • Taking Taiko to work with me because A) he can jump over every baby-gate ever made, and B) when I double baby-gate him in the laundry room, he cries for longer than socially acceptable. Though my neighbors are awesome and haven't complained. Yet...
Needs 2 Babygates
  • Getting a card in the mail from Omm with five dollars in it, and Mother's Day Cards from Annie and Jes.
  • Watching Mackenzie sing in a chorus of 900 6th graders.
Chorus of 900
  • Opening my fortune cookie to this fortune: "You have a strong desire for a home and your family comes first."
Stuff I Don't Like But Still Makes Me Laugh:
  • This photo:
Orange Mouth Monkey Face Waters the Garden

...and this one...


Sexxxxxaaaay

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor! Hang in there babe; you will be in IN before you know it and all of this stuff will be a distant memory.

And remember, I'd really love to see you before you move! I am only 2 hours or so away, so if you are up to it, let me know.

Irish Eyes said...

that must have been one loud-ass concert.

: )

Taf. said...

Orange quarters as mouth guards...

There is nothing like it in this world.

Made me laugh too.

With you.

Not at you.

A little.

:)