Sunday, February 04, 2007

Weekend At Brandi's

The weekend started out a bit sad. I was surprised by a sneak-attack of some emotions I wasn't expecting to have and the delivery of some legal documents from the county clerk. I was sad and lonely and frustrated; remorseful, guilty, embarrassed, and after work on Friday, I came home and crawled into bed and slept for 2 hours before I had to pull myself together to go get Mackenzie from school. We ended up putting on our jammies at 5:30 and losing ourselves in some movies all night long, munching on popcorn and candy.

Saturday was slow. Reading the paper, cleaning a bit, talking on the phone with friends and family, then we went to Jeff and Singing-Lisa's for dinner. But not before taking a much overdue Saturday Self-Portrait (which is better in small format because what is actually in focus in this photo is the bookcase behind me...duh)(on the bright side, the 'soft-focus' hides my wrinkles!):


And as we don't care too much about the Superbowl (I know - I'm an embarrassment to Indiana) we went to the mall today so D could spend his Christmas and Birthday money that's been burning a hole in his pocket and I needed to snag a couple of work-suitable, on-sale items as my closet is full of stay-at-home-mom jeans, t's and sweatshirts - all super-comfy but unfortunately, very inappropriate for the workplace.

And to prove to everyone that Mac and I are going to be fine:

(To get the full effect, you should hum Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman" while viewing this photo.)

10 comments:

Candi said...

You and Mackenz look beautiful :)

MaryB said...

I don't mean to sound shallow in the midst of larger and heavier issues, but HOW do you keep your skin in that kind of condition??? Are you EVER going to age? You need to share your secrets!

You both look INCREDIBLE!

And, anyone who handles themselves with such dignity and class is most certainly going to be fine.

Brenda said...

You two look great. And I love your new profile picture!!!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Since when is two a number too big to ignore?

You both look fabulous, as usual. I love the new profile picture. Did you buy anything good at the mall?

Anonymous said...

They are playing my song!! You two look sensational!!

Irish Eyes said...

Pretty Paige and Pretty Mac.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantabulous pics.

No "I understand" just that some of my most cherished memories come from curling up with my mom (single) and getting lost in the evening. Those moments were just...comforting. Re-assuring.

Cheri said...

Real life is not tidy, organized or sterile. Thank you for presenting your life with all its warts and shiny bows in a funny and thought provoking way. Keep on keepin’ it real.

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

Anonymous said...

I guess I've been out of it for some time. I'm sorry things are the way they are, but if you say it's okay...then I believe you. Sometimes these things are for the best.