Tuesday, February 13, 2007

That Which Makes Me Smile

~Coming home from work to see that my work buddy has shoveled out and salted my parking space for me.

~The Cactus writes haiku.

~Seventeen pound dogs that slip and slide on the back patio. (Actually, this makes me laugh out loud.)

~Hot Chocolate.

~A friend you can call, who reassures your sense of reason, when the entire world seems to have gone stark raving mad.

~This.

~Being safe and cozy inside when you can hear ice pelting the window outside.

~The New York Times crossword.

~Little girls who are overjoyed to escape school early and big boys who are able to take a nap before his 5th straight night of work.

~Stripey scarves.

~The defrost function on Lucy (as I am entirely too short to scrape the accumulated ice from the center of the windshield).

~The promise of Spring.

1 comment:

Irish Eyes said...

I can't believe that the "It's usually worse in Virginia, and everyone lives in Virginia" line is actually true. The "federal government" closed around two today. . . not my office of course but I was like, "um guys. . . there's actually nothing falling from the sky."

Ice shmice.