Sunday, February 11, 2007

Things I Learned This Weekend - The Bubbles & Co. Edition

A) I took a bath for the first time in 3 or 4 years last night. Turns out, they're making bathtubs smaller these days.

(Or maybe I'm bigger....)

(Edit: Actually, I just thought about it and I'm NOT bigger - American bathtubs are waaaaaaaay smaller than Japanese tubs. You can have a party in a Japanese tub! Go ahead, let your mind wander... I'll wait.)

2) If you concentrate really hard, you can finish a book, even while in the midst of a divorce. I spent most of the weekend in my super-clean, super-quiet, super-cozy house, reading with Mackenzie and actually finished my first book since last fall.

C) Only during an evening with great friends (Bubbles and the Big Sexy) will you end up sitting on the kitchen floor talking and drinking wine while waiting for dinner to finish cooking.

D) I'm not too old to fall in love again. This baby girl demanded (and received) my heart this weekend:


...While sitting on the kitchen floor, she hugged me spontaneously and without bribe - her head down on my shoulder, her chubby baby-hand patting my back. And she did it more than once. My uterus still feels the pangs.

Double D) Turns out Mackenzie likes babies after all. And this baby adored her. Behold....



(PS - Her hair is weird because it was Wacky Hair Day at school.)

E) Even if you spend 8 hours talking non-stop with a sister-girlfriend on Friday, you can still carry on a 90 minute conversation on the phone on Sunday (while she drinks wine with a twist-cap and I hide from my kids in the basement).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. Now your are making my uterus miss my third child that never came about. AND you are breaking my heart thinking about you in your basement hiding from your kids. Take care Sweetie.
Peace.......

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I want to spend the weekend with you and Bubbles and the kiddies! I still can't get over how much she looks like her Daddy. And my next question was going to be, "What's up with Mac's hair?" Wacky hair day, indeed.

Candi said...

Soooo glad you explained the hair! :)

BUBBLES and baby Bubbles - too cute!

sarah doow said...

E is definitely true - I can talk for ages on the phone or via email with my friends while we arrange a dinner date or whatever and then we meet up and still talk non-stop. Girls are good.