Monday, September 04, 2006

Things I Learned This Weekend

1. Dillon looks funny with a mohawk. Behold:

Exhibit A, Friday:


Exhibit 2, Sunday:
Yes. It's purple.


2. It doesn't take nearly as long as you think it will to file that 6" stack of papers you've been ignoring for 6 months.

3. When you find yourself without Diet Ginger Ale, your Crown Royal will go down just as well with Diet Sprite.

4. When you (meaning Tater) make a mistake measuring for the tiles in your new shower and have to go to Lowe's to buy trim tile to account for the discrepancy, it will actually make the shower more interesting (and, incidently, tie in the darker floor tiles a little better) but, it'll cost you about $300.



5. When you decide to stop working in the back patio and head to the pool where your daughter and a friend are enjoying the last day of summer, the Sun that has been pounding down on you and turning your backyard retreat into a brick oven will bail, leaving you with cloudy skies and cooler temps.

6. When you get dressed to go to a drag show at a gay country and western bar, it doesn't really matter what you wear because no one will be looking at you anyway.

13 comments:

Candi said...

I was OK up until #6.... Please tell me Tater went with.

Paige said...

Yup! T was there. Beth and I dressed him up all sweet-like and then pretended like we didn't know him. It might have worked, too, but just as we left the house, he realized he didn't have on his wedding ring and rummaged around his nightstand until he found it.

And, Betty, I did get hit on by a guy who wanted me to join he and his friends for karaoke upstairs after the show. He didn't care that I couldn't sing and thought I was "too cute". :)

Nina said...

Man, sounds like I've missed a good spot - too far to drive, unfortunately.
Remington's, huh? wow.

Candi said...

Pictures, woman. I want pictures!

Word verification: usore....

Paige said...

Betty.

Shut up. Shut up now.

You are making my middle-age stomach hurt.

Love, Paige

Candi said...

Hehehehe... If you can't tell, that was nervous laughter. I feel like I'm looking into the future. Mohawk, fine, purple mohawk?!?! Why purple.......

Love the bathroom tile!

Paige said...

Why purple?

Easy.

Because pink was already spoken for on Samanthas hair.

And blue was already spoken for on Scot's hair.

And Salas's hair is usually green.

Duh!

Brenda said...

Remember.... it's only hair.

I say that with experience.... of lime green, deep red and bleached hair.

Not mine... Andrea's and Nathan's.

But... a mohawk?

This too shall pass.

Also... really liking the bathroom.

Candi said...

Do he and his friends stand in the correct Roy G Biv optical spectrum order? Is there a hierarchy? Like you have to start at Red and work to Violet? Is Dillon now the head of the rainbow?!?!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I had a friend in high school whose boyfriend had a mohawk that each spike was a different color. Tell him as it get longer, toothpaste is the best thing for getting it to stand up straight.

Candi said...

He could change it for the season! Browns and oranges for Autumm, Reds and greens for the holidays...

Paige said...

Annie~ No.

Betty and Jes~ Come here so I can smack you.

Are you kidding me? The purple alone is making my head ache every time I see it. Christmas and Autumn colors are DEFINITELY out.

I did get back at him tonight though, you know how on the first day of school they get all sorts of papers that the parents have to read (HA!), fill out and sign (acknowledging that you read them...HA!)...????

When I wrote his name on them I said he was Dillon "Spike" Mills. And then handed them back with a sweet smile. :)

Anonymous said...

Truer words were never spoken. When my best high school friend (he's gay) picked me up and took me to a gay bar with a carload of his friends, one turned and said to me: "How does it feel to be in a car full of men and not one of them is attracted to you."

See? No one will be looking.