Monday, January 26, 2009

In Which Paige Refers to Herself In the Third Person

Paige got a Facebook. She succumbed to Annie's persistent suggestion that she could talk on the phone less if Annie could see what she was doing more frequently.

Annie was right. (As she usually is, and we all know this so don't go telling her how amazing she is thereby giving her the Big Head. This is why we call her "The Voice of Reason.")

Anyway, Paige has a Facebook, and Tim has one, and many of their friends have one. They have gotten in touch with old friends (WLHS Class of '85!) and gotten to know new friends (Hi, Joni!) and have generally been having a grand old time. The one drawback Paige has found is that she is starting to narrate her day to herself in third person. Behold...

Paige hates cold dark mornings. She doesn't want to get up.
Paige. Needs. Coffee.
Paige LOVES that Tim brings her coffee every morning.
Paige thinks winter is stoopid.
Paige can't decide if laundry or vacuuming is priority.
Paige thinks Tim's voice is sexy. Not Darth-Vadery like Mac says.
Paige should take something out of the freezer for dinner.
Paige notes that she has to pick up Mackenzie and Alex in 45 minutes.
Paige is neglecting the Blog again.
Paige feels fat. Pass the Peanut M&M's.
Paige shouldn't procrastinate on Facebook.
Paige is roasting red peppers.
Paige wishes cats didn't poop.
Paige and Tim need privacy.

Paige is happy that someone invented Facebook and invited us all to play, but wishes that it hadn't brought to glaring light that she is slightly nuts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this isn't Vox, but I just have to say: [this is good].

Brenda said...

Brenda is dumb and doesn't know how to find people on Facebook.

Anything is Possible said...

I know! I know!!! For the longest time everything I did I would wonder if it should go on FB. Rach is doing laundry. Rach is cooking dinner. Rach is cleaning a nasty diaper and thinks Al needs more fiber. I hate FB because of the third person conversations you have in your head! Would anyone find these things interesting? Notice I didn't put the dirty diaper on FB! I don't want some of those people to know how strange I really am.

Cracking myself up here. My word verification is 'astroxe'. This is what I immediately thought of...
Astroxe-in it to the left
Astroxe-in it to the right
Astroxe-in it to the one that I love best!
Astroxe-in it.

Seriously - who am I? Three days of wading through baby puke. I'm a little loopy as a result.

Anonymous said...

Have you begun the downward spiral that is facebook apps?

Paige, we could play scrabble and boggle all day. ALL. DAY.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

Annie is still glad you signed up. Annie also already knew you were a little loopy. It is part of your charm.